Monday, February 11, 2008

CUSTOMER SERVICE ALAS !

Today i had kind of a tai tai lifestyle. At 12pm, I took a shuttle service to Tampines to do some light shopping, had a not so nice lunch, followed by mani and pedicure :)

The shop which I went to had 4 ladies staff in there. While I was waiting for my pedicure to be completed, another customer came in, she waited at the cashier counter to make payment before she starts her manicure. The staff was at the counter for at least 5 mins, and not looking at this customer, and speaking in mandarin (which the customer does not understand as she is a foreigner). Finally when she is done with her conversation, she puts down the phone and ask the customer what she requires ? During this period, I was wondering, why is it that she cant conduct her conversation (which is with her boss, and not exactly customer related, but its abt her working hrs the next day), slightly later, after she has handled the customer standing right in front of her.

I could see a change in attitude of the customer, from being very friendly when she first stepped into the shop, to becoming impatient when she finally made payment.

Why is customer service like that ?

How would I have felt if I am the customer ? When the service staff is speaking on the phone in a language that I do not understand ?

How would the service staff have felt, if she was the customer ?

No comments: